Source: Jason Holland Seafood Source (11 July 2019) The E.U. is the number one consumer of fishery and aquaculture products in the world, but with demand [...]
The Seafood Trade Advisory Group (STAG) works with industry and government to resolve trade and market access barriers experienced by Australian seafood exporters. We also provide market intelligence services and resources to help Australian seafood exporters do business in their key markets.
The four areas we work in:
Speak to us about a prioritised list of trade and market access issues in key Asian markets
Contact us to learn about what is happening right now in key export markets
Access our library of useful resources for new and established Australian seafood exporters
The core function of the STAG is to provide a unified voice to government about the seafood industry priorities for trade and market access. To achieve this we:
- Consult with seafood exporters and industry associations to agree on trade and market access priorities.
- Develop, implement and communicate the Seafood Trade and Market Access Agenda and Action Plan.
- Maintain government relations and provide unified seafood industry input to Australia’s trade and market access negotiations.
- Provide a market intelligence service to Australian seafood exporters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key organisations (industry, research and government) in Australian seafood export markets.
Australian seafood exporter resources
Keeping up to date with rules and regulations for seafood exports to China can be very difficult, the STAG has produced and collated a a number of resources to help.
Is your seafood product on the approved export list for China?
Food Regulations for Seafood
Understand the import requirements for 5 major cities…
Thinking about Exporting to China?
Need help to navigate the rules?