Austrade Export Market Development Grant applications are now open
22nd September 2021
Austrade’s Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) program helps Australian businesses grow their exports in international markets. Recent changes to the EMDG mean it will now be a grant scheme, rather than a reimbursement-based program. This gives exporters more certainty in the funds they will receive over the term of the grant.
Small to medium enterprise exporters can apply for 3 different grants over 8 years (not necessarily consecutively) for eligible promotion activities. Eligible expenses include:
– maintaining a representative in a foreign country
– short trips to a foreign country
– engaging a consultant to undertake research or promotional activities
– short trips within Australia
– and many others: see more on eligibility here
The grant amount varies based on the ‘tier’ of the applicant:
– ‘Tier one’ (just starting out as exporters): maximum $40,000 per year for two years
– ‘Tier two’ (expanding and promoting existing overseas sales): maximum $80,000 per
year for three years
– ‘Tier three’ (mature exporters making a strategic shift, for example targeting a
market or a new type of customer): maximum $150,000 per year for three years
Businesses can apply for the EMDG program for eligible expenses incurred from 1 July 2021.
Applications opened on 16 August and will close at 5 pm AEDT on 30 November 2021. Why not give it a go? Find out how to apply here.
You can find the latest STAG publications Here